- • Not Myself Today – Musical About Teen Mental Health. Courtney Fowler Performance Academy presents. “Not Myself Today.” This is a family friendly musical about youth mental health, love and healing – all proceeds will be donated to the Jacob Puddister Memorial Foundation, who are offering free counselling services to youth. May 26th @ 7:00 p.m. Holy Innocents’ Anglican Church, 297 Paradise Road, Paradise. Donations accepted on the door.
• Canadian Blood Services will hold a blood donor clinic at Paradise Double Ice Complex, on Tuesday, May 28 from 4:30 – 8:30 p.m. There are 121 appointments to fill. Paradise residents are asked to book their appointments today by downloading the GiveBlood app or visit blood.ca.
CONCEPTION BAY SOUTH
- • Hopewell, Loyal Orange Lodge, Upper Gullies: Spring Draw – 19 Winners: 1st, 0326, Myra Porter, Kelligrews; 2nd, 0029, Daphne White, CBS; 3rd, 0387, Ralph Drover, Kelligrews. All prizes have been claimed. Thank you for your support.
• Royal Canadian Legion Kelligrews, Seniors Party Thursday May 23 from 2-5 p.m. Music by Wince Coles, admission $5.00 on door. Bring your own snack, no liquids, bar service available. 50-Plus come and party.
• ACW of All Saints Parish Foxtrap are having a Luncheon and Card Game on Thursday, May 23. starting at 12:30 p.m. in the Parish Hall. Meal will be a Chicken Breast with the trimmings, dessert, tea and coffee. Card Game to follow, Cost is $15.00 single, Tickets can be purchased at the door. Door prize and tickets sold on a basket of items. For more information, contact Barb 834-4795.
• CLB Foxtrap, Annual Spring Parade, Sunday, May 26. Celebrating 66 years. The parade will form up at the former Mary Brown’s location on the Foxtrap Access Road and depart at 2:15 p.m., proceeding to All Saints Church for a 3 p.m. service and then return to the Access Road for dismissal. All ranks and members, along with the drum and bugle band, and the Regimental Band, will be on parade. We invite you to come out and watch the parade and join us for the service.
• All Saints Parish Foxtrap will be having a Gospel Hymn Sing on May 26 starting at 7 p.m. The house band, Saints Alive will perform and then we will enjoy our invited band, Shamrock Gospel. Come along and bring a friend for a night of music and fellowship. A free will offering will be accepted at the door. If you need further information, call Sandra 240-2114.
50+ at Faith Pentecostal on May 31st 1-3 P.M. For more information call Daphne at 834-8352.
• Topsail United Church Youth are holding a youth Concert on Wednesday May 29 at 7 p.m., at Topsail United Church, with Special Musical Guests performing. Admission just $5 at the Door. All are Welcome.
• The Parish of St. John the Evangelist, 20 Rectory Road, Topsail will be holding a BBQ and silent auction on Saturday June 1 at 6:30 pm. Limited tickets are available at the church office on weekdays from 9 am to noon or call 834-2336
• Royal Canadian Legion Kelligrews, Adult Dance Saturday June 1, music by Jerome Cole. Doors open 8:30 p.m. Tickets $8 in advance, $10 on door. Call the Legion at 834-2331. Hope to see you there!
• The MGA 50+ Club will hold its regular monthly meeting on Monday, June 3 at 12:30 p.m. This will be our last meeting for the summer. Please try and attend. The MGA will hold its monthly card game at the Community Center on Sunday, June 2 at 8:00 p.m.
• The MGA 50+ Club will hold its regular monthly meeting on Monday, June 3 at 12:30 p.m. This will be our last meeting for the summer. Please try and attend. The MGA will hold its monthly card game at the Community Center on Sunday, June 2 at 8:30 p.m.
• Kiwanis Annual Flipper and Roast Beef Dinner will be held on June 3, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. for take-outs and 6:30 p.m. for the sit down meal. To book your orders call Herb Reid at 834-5052 before May 29. Cost of each meal is $ 20. Thank you for your annual support.
• Father of Confederation Chapter IODE will be hosting a card game at CBS Lions Club on Tuesday, June 4. A light lunch of sandwiches and cookies will be served at 12:30 p.m. followed by the card game. Cost is $10. Tickets are available from Doreen at 834- 3948 and Sandra at 834-8834. There will be cash prizes, a door prize, a 50/50 draw and tickets available on a basket. Come and support us as funds raised are for community projects.
• Ways and Means Committee of All Saints Parish are hosting a supper and entertainment featuring the accordion group, “The Sweet Forget Me Nots” on June 6 at 6:30 p.m. at the Parish Hall. A Chicken Breast meal, dessert, and tea and coffee will be served at a cost of $25single. Entertainment will follow. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Call Sandra at 240-2114 or the Parish Office 834-4501 (8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
• Card Party at St. Thomas of Villanova Parish Hall, Manuels, Monday, June 10, 2019. Tickets $10. 1st prise $100, 2nd prise $75, 3rd prize $50. Door open at 7 p.m. Game starts at 8 pm.
• Topsail United Church Men’s Choir Gospel Concert will be held on Friday June 14 at 7:30 P.M., at Topsail United Church. Tickets are $10, Children under 12 free and are available by calling the church office at 834-4567 or at the door. All are Welcome.
• St. Peter’s Anglican Church, CBS will be hosting a concert in the Church on Father’s Day, June 16 at 7:00 p.m. featuring our very own Michelle Noftall, along with Craig Young, Sandy Morris and Carole Bestvater. This is a must see event with remarkable talent. ‘Sunday of Song’ tickets are available at St. Peter’s Church Office for only $20.00 each. Get yours today!
• Attention all kids 3-12 years. All Saints Church, Foxtrap will be offering a Vacation Bible School from Aug. 26 – 30, from 9:00 – 12:00 daily at All Saints Parish Hall. This is a wonderful week of fun, fellowship and learning. The theme this year is “Shipwrecked.” We are looking forward to seeing you all there for a week of games, stories, crafts, bible stories, snacks and friendships. Registration will be begin June 3 and will be ongoing until August. Forms and information available from the Parish Hall at 834-4501 or contact Helen at 834-3325. See you there.
• Open Mic at S.U.F. Topsail, 2471 Topsail Road, every fourth Saturday of the month. Doors open 6:30 p.m., show starts at 7:30 p.m. Door prizes. 19+ event. Come out for an evening of great rock and roll & country music. For more info contact Bill at 834-8585.
• CBS Special Olympics serves people with intellectual disabilities. We are offering sports programs in Bowling, athletics, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Snowshoeing, swimming, & Table Tennis. These programs provide opportunities to interact, socialize and learn sport skills, while having fun. Our club is presently looking for Volunteers for some of our sports programs. To register, or for information please contact our club co-ordinator, Gail Baker at 834-4957
• Royal Canadian Legion Kelligrews Open Mic Nights on second Friday of every month. Doors open at 6:30, starting at 7:30. For more info, call the Legion at 834-2331.
Kiwanis Club, Kelligrews weekly card game. Every Wednesday 8:30 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m. Come and enjoy the music and friends.
• Spousal Grief and Bereavement Support Group – Are you experiencing grief due to the death of your spouse? Please join us on Tuesday nights, 7:00-8:30 p.m. at St. Peter’s Parish Hall, Upper Gullies. This support group provides an opportunity for individuals to meet and discuss the loss of your spouse, provide support to each other, and share information that may help during the grieving process. This support group is “drop in” and supported by Grief and Bereavement Services, Eastern Health. For more information please call 631-9539 or 777-8972.
CONCEPTION BAY CENTER
- • The MGA 50+ Club will hold a merchandise Bingo on June 2 From 2:00-4:00 p.m. at the Holyrood Community Center. Good prizes. Everyone welcome.
• The Conception Harbour open mic show is held on the third Sunday of each month at the Parish Hall next to the Jamie Murphy Memorial. Doors open at 1:00 p.m., the music starts at 2:00 p.m. Join the other performers or just tap your feet to that great old country beat.
• Holyrood Volunteer Fire Department Chase the Ace Friday nights 7 – 9 p.m. Royal Canadian Legion in Holyrood.
ST. MARY’S BAY
- • Bingo at the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 62 Riverhead, St. Mary’s Bay, Friday May 31. Doors open 7:30 p.m. Bingo starts 8:30 p.m., jackpot to go, Toonie Jar to go, Wheel spins. All welcome.
• Chase The Ace, Royal Canadian Legion, Riverhead, St. Mary’s Bay. Every Sunday till The Ace of Spades is caught. Ticket sales 2-4 p.m. Winning ticket drawn 4:30 p.m. 15 minutes to claim prize. Starting Jackpot $1,323. Tickets $2 each or 3 for $5. 50/50 ticket spin. 19 years and older only.
- • Heritage NL is partnering with the St. John’s Farmers’ Market, and the St. John’s Storytelling Festival to host a monthly Seniors Memory Mug Up at the St. John’s Farmers’ Market, 245 Freshwater Road the second Sunday of each month from 2-3 p.m. It’s a free and informal story sharing session for seniors, where people gather, have a cup of tea, and share memories. Following the sessions, those who are interested can set up a time to have their stories recorded and archived by one of our story collectors for editing into a booklet, which will be launched during the final storytelling session in March 2020. For more information contact Terra Barrett toll free at 1-888-739-1892 ext. 5 or email email@example.com.
• Are you troubled by someone’s excessive drinking? – Al-Anon Is for you.
There are meetings in the area that The Shoreline News covers. You may contact Al-Anon by telephoning the local office for information on meeting locations or a contact person (709)722-2666, or call Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters for meeting Information at 1-888-425-2666 (1-888-4AL-ANON). You may also find more information about Al-Anon at Al-Anon.org
Affected by a loved one’s drug addiction? Call Nar-Anon at 770-5213, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings every Monday at 8 p.m. at the Church of the Good Shepherd in Mount Pearl, and on Thursdays at 8 p.m. at St. Theresa’s Church, Mundy Pond. Anonymity respected.
• The Canadian Cancer Society holds a general cancer support group meeting on the second Sunday of each month from 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. For more information contact Joan at 364-8716.