• Hot Chicken Breast Dinner & Auction: Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 6:00 p.m., Holy Innocents Anglican Church, 297 Paradise Road, Paradise is having a hot chicken breast dinner and auction featuring singer song-writer Paul Pearcey. Tickets are $15.00 per person. Contact Ruth at 782-1564 or the church office at 782-3071 for tickets.
• The Paradise Adventure 50 Plus Club will be holding a Fall Fundraiser Variety Concert on November 16 at 7:00 p.m. in the Paradise Community Center Resource Room A. It will be a great evening of music, fun, laughter, door prizes and 50/50. Entertainment by Marie Parsons and friends. Tickets $10. Contact Gladys Hunt 7811594 or Doris Gosse 240-0560.
• Canadian Blood Services will be holding a blood donor clinic at Paradise Double Ice Complex, on Tuesday, December 4 from 4:30 pm – 8:30 pm. There are 121 appointments to fill. Paradise residents are asked to book their appointments today by downloading the GiveBlood app or visit blood.ca. TOPSAIL
• St. John the Evangelist Church, 20 Rectory Rd., Topsail, CBS will be holding their annual Fall Fair Card Game on Saturday, Nov 17 at 8 pm. Cost $5.00 Please bring your own cards and baskets.
• Topsail United Church Men’s Club Annual Breakfast with Santa will be held on Saturday Dec. 8 from 8 until 11 A.M., Usual Great Menu. Cost $ 8 Adults, Children $ 4, Face Painting, Coloring, Pictures with Santa, All are welcome.
• Tai Chi by the Sea holds two month (two days a week) introductory classes twice yearly. Our fall classes will begin September 10th (9:30 a.m.) at Topsail United Church. Cost is
$40. Visit our website at taichibytheseanl.blogspot.ca for details.
• The Music Box Presents “A Baccalieu Christmas” concert, with special guests on Saturday, Dec. 8th @ 7:00 p.m. at Topsail United Church. Tickets are available by calling the Church Office at 834-4567 or at the Door. Admission $12 Adults, Children $5. Food donations greatly appreciated for the CBS/Paradise Food Bank.
CONCEPTION BAY SOUTH
• Canadian Blood Services will be holding a blood donor clinic at the All Saints Anglican Parish, Foxtrap on Tuesday, November 13 from 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm & 4:30 pm – 8:30 pm. There are 178 appointments to fill. Conception Bay South residents are asked to book their appointments today by downloading the GiveBlood app or visit blood.ca.
• Registration for Toy Hampers will take place at the Salvation Army Program House (at the entrance of the church property) on Nov 14 – 16, 2018. Time: 9:00am to 12:00 noon, 1:00pm to 4:30 pm. Applications received in person only. You will need ID with proof of address, MCP cards for everyone in household; documentation of all sources of income and documentation proving shared custody of children. If any questions call the church office at 834-6396.
• The Kin Club of CBS is holding a ‘Coats for Community’ event on Saturday, November 10 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Dominion Store in Long Pond. We are accepting winter coats, snow pants, warm hats, scarves, mitts, gloves and winter boots.
• Coastal Sounds Choir Association (CSCA) presents its 11th Annual Holiday Concert, featuring performances by Aurora Women’s Choir, Coastal Sounds Community Choir and a presentation of the 6th Annual Christmas Cantata Project with massed choir and orchestra. With special guests from the Association for New Canadians. Saturday, December 15, 7pm at St. James United Church, St. John’s. Tickets $20 regular, $18 student/senior, children 12 and under free. Get yours from a choir member, online at www.coastalsounds.ca, visit us on Facebook or leave a message at 709-770-6927. Donations for Bridges to Hope Food Aid Centre appreciated. Please note all CSCA events are scent-free environments.
• All Saints Parish, Foxtrap will be holding their Fall Fair on Monday, November 12, 2018. Doors will open at 10am. Lunch will be served at 12 noon and will consist of soup, sandwiches, and moose burgers. Supper will be served at 6:30pm and the meal will be Roast Beef with all the trimmings. Entertainment will be provided along with crafts, baked goods, auctions and ticket draws. Tickets for supper can be obtained by calling 834-9384, 682-3775 or 8344501. Admission will be a non-perishable food item.
• All Saints Open Mic, Foxtrap Parish Hall, Nov 10. New times: Doors open 6:30; Jam Session starts @ 7; Show starts @ 8. Come for a great night of entertainment. For info call Selina @ 834-5960.
• Line Dance at the CBS Legion. Beginners on Monday’s at 7:00pm. Intermediate Tuesday’s at 7:00 pm. Advanced Tuesday’s at 8:15 pm.
• Chase the Ace at St. Thomas of Villa Nova Parish, Manuels, CBS on Sundays from 5:30-7:00 p.m. Draw at 7:15 p.m. Tickets are 3 for $5.00, 50/50 tickets are $1 each. Jackpot is $1,500.
• Royal Canadian Legion Kelligrews Open Mic Nights on second Friday of every month. Doors open at 6:30, starting at 7:30. For more info, call the Legion at 834-2331.
• Kiwanis Club, Kelligrews weekly card game. Every Wednesday 8:30 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m. Come and enjoy the music and friends.
• Spousal Grief and Bereavement Support Group – Are you experiencing grief due to the death of your spouse? Please join us on Tuesday nights, 7:00-8:30 p.m. at St. Peter’s Parish Hall, Upper Gullies. This support group provides an opportunity for individuals to meet and discuss the loss of your spouse, provide support to each other, and share information that may help during the grieving process. This support group is “drop in” and supported by Grief and Bereavement Services, Eastern Health. For more information please call 631-9539 or 777-8972.
CONCEPTION BAY CENTER
• The Holyrood Volunteer Fire Department is having Chase the Ace on Friday nights from 7-9 p.m. with the draw at 9:20 p.m. at the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 64 Holyrood. The Royal Canadian Legion is hosting a 50/50 draw at the same time each week.
• MGA 50+ Merchandise Bingo will take place on November 18 at the Holyrood Community Center at 2:00 p.m. Good prizes. Everyone welcome.
• The Conception Harbour open mic show is held on the third Sunday of each month at the Parish Hall next to the Jamie Murphy Memorial. Doors open at 1:00 p.m., the music starts at 2:00 p.m. Join the other performers or just tap your feet to that great old country beat.
• The Launch of The Salvation Army Christmas Kettles will take place on Saturday, November 17th at Dominion Store, at 10:00am. Volunteers will be need for shifts, beginning November 21st to December 15th (10:00 am to 8:00 pm) weekly, and also December 17th to 22nd (Monday to Saturday, our final day). Kettles will be placed at Dominion, Sobey’s, Liquor Store at Sobey’s and Piper’s in Kelligrews. If you can help, please call Ted Snook at 693-0213 or email at snookte@hotmail. com. Thank you for your help.
• Dance Party at The Tea Garden, Holyrood on Saturday, Nov. 17th at 8:00 pm. Rock & Roll to Live Music from the 50’s, 60’s & 70’s. Jive, Twist & Limbo contest, dress the way you did back then. Fun food provided (burgers, fries etc.). Tickets $20.00, available at the parish office 2296250; The Tea Garden 229-7376, or Cecil Lucas 229-7570. Cash Bar. Net Proceeds go to Holy Cross Parking Improvement Project.
ST. MARY’S BAY
• Royal Canadian Legion Branch #62 invites all in the St Mary’s Bay region to Bells of Peace Ceremony at St. Mary’s Church at 4:30 pm on Sunday, November 11. Commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of WW1 with a country wide remembrance bells of peace ceremony.
• Royal Canadian Legion Branch #62 Riverhead, S.M.B Sunday, November 11th Parade starts at 10:30 am at branch. March to cenotaph followed by wreath laying and service at church. Back to branch for soup/ sandwiches/tea/coffee. Any organizations wishing to parade please be there to form before 10:30 a.m. We invite any Veterans wishing to march as well to form by 10:30. We invite anyone from Portugal Cove South to North Harbour to attend. Anyone wishing to lay wreaths please call 525-2712 to leave names of who the wreath is for and who will be laying the wreath.
• Affected by a loved one’s drug addiction? Call Nar-Anon at 7705213, or e-mail naranonstjohns@ gmail.com. Meetings every Monday at 8 p.m. at the Church of the Good Shepherd in Mount Pearl, and on Thursdays at 8 p.m. at St. Theresa’s Church, Mundy Pond. Anonymity respected.
• The Canadian Cancer Society holds a general cancer support group meeting on the second Sunday of each month from 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. For more information contact Joan at 364-8716.
• The Rug Hooking Guild NL is looking to register your antique hand hooked mats. For more information please go to rhgnl.ca or call Winnie at 709-699-1502.